Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Never Mind

Two announcements, 15 minutes apart:

Dear River Hill Community,

It is with a great deal of appreciation and sadness that I write this letter. Today I informed the staff that I will be moving on to a new challenge as a principal on special assignment at the Board of Education. I feel very fortunate that for the past six years I have been given the privilege to work at the best high school in the Nation – River Hill. It is the best, not because of the awards, test scores or list of accomplishments, but because of the wonderful students who walk the halls, the incredible teachers who care so much about each student and the parents who have gone above and beyond to support their students and the school.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have made my time on the Hill such a positive experience. Thank you, students, for being the best of the best in everything you have done. I set high expectations for you and time and time again you lived up to and exceeded those expectations. Your efforts each day in the classroom, on the stage or field, or in whatever way you represented River Hill made me proud. Thank you, staff, for always making learning personal. You have been the wind beneath the wings of our students. Your passion for teaching and love for our students was evident each day. You truly have epitomized the term “team” in your actions in providing the best instructions for our students. Words cannot express the appreciation I have for how hard you have worked. It was rare for me to leave at the end of the day and not see many of your cars still in the parking lot – thank you for your incredible work ethic. Thank you, parents, for all of the ways you have supported River Hill. Whether it was volunteering in guidance or staying up all night at P3, you have given your time and energy to make our jobs easier and provide a great environment for our students. Your students have been exceptional and I know it is because of the expectations you have set and role models you have been for your child.

The River Hill community has been my family for the past six years and I feel fortunate to have been your principal. I will cherish the wonderful relationships I have made during my time on the Hill. I wish each one of you much success and know that with such a strong community family supporting River Hill it will continue to be preeminent.

I am proud to announce that the new River Hill High principal is Mr. Nick Novak who is currently at Glenelg High. Nick will be a wonderful principal and is excited about coming to such a supportive community. I am sure you will give him a great deal of support and welcome him to the community.

William Ryan


Dear Parents and Community Members,

Recently an email was sent out with information on personnel changes at River Hill. Unfortunately we were premature in making this announcement. All changes need to be approved by the HCPSS Board of Education before announcements can be made. We will let you know when changes to River Hill leadership are approved.

William Ryan

No comments: